Monday, July 18, 2011

The Orneriness Gene

L is moved.  It was crazy hot weather.  I don't know how many trips I made up and down the two flights in U town.  I don't know how many flights I made up and down the three flights in the Big City.  I do know that I was exhausted!

Thankfully, L had some good help besides just her Dad and me.  A couple of friends helped her in U town.  Ornery Cousin M and his youngest son helped in Big City.  Did I mention Ornery Cousin M runs a moving business.  Where has he been all these years?  The guy is a workhorse!  Add in the fact that he knows how to maneuver through tight spots, and he was a lifesaver!  (And that is besides the fact that he is just one of my favorite people!)

Ornery Cousin M is Cousin J's little brother.  Cousin J had a lobe of her lung removed last week and was dismissed from the hospital over the weekend.  It's a good thing the orneriness is genetic in that family.  It seems to be keeping her spirits up and making her determined to get up and around.  Their sister, Ornery Cousin Ree, has flown cross country to help take care of J.

I'm a little concerned about Ree's visit.  Poor J is going to be laughing--even if it hurts.  There is never a dull moment when Ree is around. 

I'm hoping to visit later this week.  I could use a good dose of Ornery and a lot of laughter! 

(Oh, and if you're wondering where that ornery gene comes from-- you should meet my aunt and uncle!  It really is genetic!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey .....WE resemble that remark! Just thoight I should also share my" physical therapy" workout for your cousin J.......I walk in front of her holding a Mr. Pibb....you should see how fast the old girl can walk when chasing that can! EVERYTHING is under control here so no need to worry! Love you, Ree