I love my classes this year. We are off to such a good start. These kids are actually pretty funny and fun. I have to share an "I Believe" or two with you. Out of the mouths of sophomores:
- I believe parents should discipline their children--and chloroform is always an option. (??!)
- I believe breaking up with someone by text is pathetic and cowardly. (You think?)
- I believe you should always make the right decisions, even if no one is watching.
- I believe kitty litter tastes bad. (?)
- I believe cussing is very unattractive. (Wish she would tell her classmates!)
- I believe that no matter how much you deny it, your parents are right most of the time.
- I believe that goodbyes suck. (Not eloquent--but he does have a point.)
- I believe Walmart shouldn't put bread next to dog food or toothpaste next to deodorant. (Future business leader?)
- I believe a mud hole and a four wheeler go together like ketchup and french fries.
- I believe our soldiers are more important than the President who sent them to fight.
- I believe we grow up way too fast, and it is OK to still be a kid.
- I believe chocolate is a girl's best friend, until we start gaining weight.
- I believe my mom is way too strict, gets way too uptight, but loves me more than anything. And I love and need her, too.
- I believe God is big enough to handle whatever I can't.
- I believe I'm just a kid with a bright future and the whole world ahead of me.
This is just a random sampling. After reading their papers, I don't worry about the future. The world will be in good hands someday. (OK. So maybe the guy who wants to chloroform children is a concern!!)