Sunday, August 9, 2015

Surprise!

Surprise #1- After several weeks of putting her room together in her new school district, L was told she had to move to a different room. (Still dealing with the Land Shift/Sink Hole.)  She and the other 1st grade and Kindergarten teachers were allowed to miss the inservice on Friday so that they could work on switching rooms. The principal also opened the school from 8:30-11:00 on Saturday. I drove back on Saturday morning to help her finish up. The room is smaller, but she will teach here until they are allowed back into their regular classroom. I think she is as ready to go as she can be with a day and a half to prepare.

Surprise #2- This is officially my last day of summer.  Tomorrow, we begin teacher meetings again, and our Freshman and New Students run our schedule for an orientation session. All students arrive on Thursday.  Today, I am doing laundry, sewing/repairing a few clothes, and finishing up some lesson planning. And I'm not even too panicked with all the new classes that I am teaching this year. (I probably should be!!)

I am planning on hanging onto summer a bit.

1. Our water aerobics teacher is planning to use the pool until Labor Day Weekend. Nothing says summer like chlorine, wet towels, and swim suits. So a few nights a week, it is still going to feel like summer.

2. The tomato plants are still going strong.  It was a late harvest this year, so I have been making up for that with tomatoes at every meal--BETs (Bacon, Egg, Tomato sandwiches) for breakfast, cherry tomatoes with any and every lunch, and cottage cheese and tomato salads at supper.  They are delicious!

I still need to choose the play for next spring, but other than that-- I think I am ready to go!

Goodbye summer!  Hello 2015-2016 school year!

No comments: