This was Grandma's chicken house (which isn't in great shape) and out behind it is the pond.
This was the view that Grandma enjoyed from her house, looking out to the creek. It is still as beautiful to me as it was to her.
Sadly, my grandparent's house burned to the ground during the 5th family camp out weekend. The power and light people had been out earlier in the day for some electrical problems. No one lived in the house, but my dad and step mom stored things in it and campers used if for showers and bathroom. At about 2 in the morning, the campers discovered the fire and several crawled through the burning house to make sure family members hadn't decided to sleep inside. No one was injured, but not much was saved. Fifty or so family members were on hand to see our grandparent's home burn to the ground. Faulty wiring in the attic was to blame. (The same problems power and light had been dealing with earlier in the day.)