Easy Street's Blog Guidelines-
1. I don't use names. Not family names, state, or town name. Not that someone couldn't figure it out, but I try hard to keep it somewhat anonymous. VodkaMom taught me this. About a month after I discovered her blog, she deleted every post. She was in pretty serious trouble with her school. I'd like to NOT be in that situation. Ever. (By the way-- she's back now and much more cautious! She shares her story as a warning to other bloggers.)
2. Because I try to keep it anonymous, if you comment using my name, town, or state-- I will usually reject it. I guess this is protecting the innocent or not-so-innocent. (For certain, it is my attempt to protect the students that I sometimes photograph.) So that is why you'll see nicknames like Tiny Town, Trailer High, the Mr., K, and L.
3. One of the downsides of this is when things happen that I can't fully share. A good example:
An award winning author sat in on K's class this week, watched her teach, and spent some time interviewing her for an article that he is writing on character education for a well-known magazine. Her school and class will be photographed and featured. Pretty exciting, except for the fact that I can't really share all the details. Bummer.
4. I appreciate when former students and relatives comment and use abbreviations for their names, too. (Though you should see me struggle to figure out who it is sometimes!! The wheels are a-turning!!)
5. If you ever see photos with strange smears, that means I retouched it to remove an identifying name.
OK. I'm pretty sure that is more than you needed to know about my blogging, but maybe those guidelines will help some other blogger.
If you'll excuse me, there is a little dog trying to use my computer cord as a bone. argh!