After a break, Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee is back with her Random Dozen. Here goes this week's questions.
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food?
I love cotton candy! It melts in your mouth and is 100% sugar! It doesn't get any better than that!
2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Well, it might be time to let go of the "I had a stroke" excuse whenever I mess up or forget something. My students are catching on to my handy little excuse. Naaah! It always helps to have a good reason for blowing it!
3. What is your favorite gift to receive?
Jewelry, chocolate, gift cards, cash... I'm pretty easy!
4. When was the last time you tried something new?
I'm learning to use a Mac computer at school. And now everything is the exact opposite of my PC at home. Yeah, that will make life a bit interesting!
5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre?
Memoir, Mystery, Political Intrigue, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, Chick Lit, Self-Help, Other
I don't like mysteries, especially scary ones! I can't read them after dark or when I'm home by myself. My friends read "Nancy Drew," while I read "The Bobbsey Twins."
6.Silver or Gold?
7. What makes you sigh?
I'm a teacher. Sighing is my native language. (Well, at least it is up there with sarcasm!)
8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are?
I think I'm about 34 or so. (Darn gray hair and wrinkles would give me away!)
9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one?
10. If you had to teach something, what would it be?
I'd like to teach a methods class for college students going into education.
11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do?
For every negative thing they said, I'd say something positive about her. They'd soon get the message.
12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love?
Quality Time, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, Gifts, Words of Affirmation
Quality Time wins hands down with me every time. (Though I do like the Mr.'s acts of service--making breakfast every morning is pretty nice!)
Today is the first day of school for the students at Trailer High. This is our last semester in the trailers. Yesterday, we had a tour of our new building, and I found out which room will be my new classroom. It is so exciting. I hope I can wait for four more months!!
So, I'm off to meet my sophomores! Let's hope we get the year off to a good start!