Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Prayer From Childhood

Father in heaven, hear my prayer
Keep me in Thy loving care
Be my guide in all I do
Bless all those who love me, too.

When K and L were little girls, this was their prayer at bedtime.  It led into a whole lot of God blesses: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, babysitters, kids at the babysitters, neighbors, and family pets.  When they really wanted to prolong bedtime, even the goldfish were mentioned by name.  I have a hunch the little Lady Bug will be learning this prayer someday, too.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is a sweet little prayer, and an adorable picture of your two daughters.

Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

Cousin A said...

I am stealing that prayer for the Connollys. My little Catholics have had to memorize some prayers, but nothing as sweet at that (and much better than the "if I should die before I wake" prayer that I learned). I also had to teach them the song Jesus Loves Me because they don't learn that in catechism (how sad is THAT!).