Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Youch...

I hope I can still walk tonight.

At 5:00 a.m. I will run a mile and a half.  (Easing back into it.)

At 6:00 a.m. Baxter and I will meet Khalie and K for our walk.  Two and a half miles would be a piece of cake, except for the fact that we have a 70 pound lab and a 20 pound shih-poo on the same leash.  I have about 90 pounds pulling on my arms for 40 minutes or so. I dread when we meet another walker, and especially another walker with a dog.  The goofballs are getting better with this splitter halter, but it is still work to control them.

By far the hardest part of the day will be the hour and a half I spend vacuuming the pool.  What used to be the best part of my job is now the worst.  The suction on the hose is so strong that the cleaning staff has bent the vacuum pole.  (It was brand new!)  It is all I can do to pry the vacuum off the bottom of the pool this summer.  It is nearly impossible to push it out or pull it in.  After an hour and a half of pulling and pushing with all of my strength, the pool is somewhat clean and my arm muscles are shaking like you wouldn't believe.

I'm pretty sure that I will have all of my exercise in by the end of the day.  And the Mr. better not get too smarty with me, as I'm pretty sure that I have the muscles to beat him up!   (Slim chance of that.  I'll be lucky if I can lift my arms by tonight!)

No comments: