We had a bit of a scare on Easy Street. K called the Mr. at work yesterday and told him her incision from the C-section was bleeding. CT had gone to work to attend a meeting, and it was K's first afternoon with the Lady Bug by herself. (Of course it was. Isn't that always when things like this happen?)
I was planning to head over to her house after school so she wouldn't be alone all evening. Instead, I got a phone call from the Mr. saying he was picking me up. The principal covered my class, and I bolted. The Mr. took K to the hospital, and I watched the little Lady until CT got home to pick up the two of us. It didn't take long. I'm pretty sure speed limits were ignored.
They ended up packing K's incision and sending her home again. I spent the evening with them. CT went to bed early to get some sleep, and I took care of checking on K's incision and holding Lady Bug. CT was waking up to take over, as I was leaving.
Everything appears to be OK. It set K back a bit. She is on house arrest and isn't supposed to do anything but feed the little Bug. And I have to hand it to CT: considering his inability to deal with human blood (his or anyone else's), he has really stepped up to the plate. By the time Lady Bug is skinning her knees or getting a bloody nose, he will be an old pro. (Whether he wants to be or not!)
The Lady Bug and I had some serious bonding time while Mr. Papa and her mommy took off for the hospital. It was feeding time, and I wasn't very useful. After hunting unsuccessfully for a pacifier, I finally took off her little mitten and let her suck on her fingers and fist. Success!! By the time CT and I reached the hospital, her mommy was able to feed her and life was good again.
All's well that ends well. OK. Except for the poor church member bringing the new little family supper. The Mr. and I were on the way, K's incision was bleeding, Lady Bug was screaming, and their dog was barking. K said she sent Church Lady on her way quickly, not wanting her to witness the carnage. "And so how are the new mommy and baby?" Yeah. Not a good time to ask. That poor lady.
7 comments:
Poor Kate Sue....hope she's feeling better soon OR you will have to send Horton Sue, Baxter AND MY Man out for me to take care of! Hey...just thought of something....you can send them even if Kate Sue IS feeling better!!! Hugs to you all my CrAzY CoLlEtT Cousin!
My daughter's incision opened some too, but wasn't really bleeding so not as scary. Hubby was home too, so that helped. She's in Texas and I'm in Ohio, so I'm no help, but good friends are close.
Abby likes her feet. Her foot seems to ease her anguish esp. with teething better than anything.
But she also takes the bottle some although Sara is still nursing, so that helps. But if the fingers don't work, try her toes! :>)
I'm glad all is better now. Welcome to grandmotherhood while still being very much a mother!
Nice principal!
The boy principals are the best! Besides being good bosses, they are just good people. The end of the day is always hectic, and it was about halfway through the last hour of the day. The principal came quickly, I gave a few instructions, and I left. It is great to work in an environment where everyone pulls together...makes it a joy to go to work.
You didn't need an earthquake to get all shook up. Hope K heals quickly. I'm sure you're all for bonding time with Ladybug, but not when your other girl is hurting. Blessings to all!
Poor K! I'm glad all is well now. My B had some problems with her incision, as well. I feel badly for you having a hungry baby and an old, rusty, dried up faucet. Hopefully everyone is better today. - HAM
How scary! We thought my incisions were both glued shut, but I was allergic to the steri-strips they used my 2nd time around. So they told me to pull them off and not to move around for three days. Thank god for those useful husbands and moms!! We'd be sunk without them. :) Sending prayers and happy thoughts to the new mama. Pretty soon this wil lbe a great "war" story!
Oh that is a scary moment. It does sound like things are okay for now. Prayers for the new mommy and the rest of you, her family.
Post a Comment