Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life Lessons

Sometimes I get so busy I forget to slow down and enjoy.  Things get crazy.  I can't find the time to do the things I "want" to do because I have too many "have" to dos.

And then something hits me right between the eyes.

I haven't had time to do a lot of things lately.  I owe phone calls.  I haven't read a newspaper all the way through in weeks.  I'm behind on a lot of blogs that I normally read on a daily basis.  I might get a blog or two read here and there, but that's about it.  

A little over a week ago, I went on Vodka Mom's blog.  She is an elementary school teacher with great tales to tell. She makes me laugh out loud. My Exploring Teaching as a Career class is full of students who want to major in elementary education.  I visit her blog for stories to tell, and she never disappoints.

That day I went to her blog, she mentioned another blog.  When I hit the link, I happened on a blog I will never forget: An Inch of Gray.  I knew the state of Virginia had torrential rains.  Crazy Cousin Ree had written about it on facebook, but here was a family who had lost their adorable 12 year old son in the floodwater.  The mom, a regular blogger, had written about what had to be the worst day of her life.  I couldn't quit reading her blog. I went back and read her old posts.  Everything was so normal in her life, and then:  tragedy. 

Life is hectic.  It's good.  It's crazy.  And it isn't always easy.  In spite of the stress, I've got it pretty good right now.  I usually remember that, but should I forget--Anna's blog reminds me once more.

"We're all in the same boat on a stormy sea, and we owe each other a terrible loyalty."

No comments: