Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday- Easter Break Is Over

I had such a great break that it is easy to anticipate the summer ahead.

There were pedicures, frosting cookies, dyeing eggs, the fire ring and s'mores, church, and Easter dinner.
 The Lady Bug's First Easter
After church, the Bug had "lunch" in her Great Grandma E's high chair.  
Just the latest in a long line of children to make use of the chair.
The Mr. and I even took a trip out to the farm on Sunday evening.  We got to visit Dad, Grandma B, Little Big Brother, Outlaw A, and the Donald.  (Outlaw A would be the LBB's wife.  The in-laws all call themselves outlaws. The Donald, well, it isn't Trump, just a family favorite!) We even drove home through the Mr.'s hometown.  

I spent yesterday reading, sewing (patching), doing laundry, and cleaning up the after-Easter mess.  I got a few things accomplished, but mainly... I was a bum.  (Also, I was reeling in a bit of shock.  Another former student was killed in a car accident on Easter Sunday. All I could think about was his poor family.)

Oh, and I might have started a reading blog.  I wanted an easy way to track what I'm reading and share the books that have shaped me through the years.  If you're a book lover, feel free to jump over to the Reading Rec Room.

Today, I am back at school:  refreshed and ready to go. (Though going through a bit of Buggy withdrawal!)

Hope my students are ready for the final six week's push!  

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love the bunny ears! So, you didn't have enough to do and you decided, "Hmmm ... I'll start another blog." I love to read, too, so I'll check it out. Have a good first day back at school!

Katie @Can't Get There said...

Glad your Easter was so much fun! Holidays with the fam are the best. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your student, though. Sending thoughts to Tiny Town and to his family.

And as for your students - I bet they're about as ready as you are. lol It's almost over!

Steve Gravano said...

I too love those bunny ears, she looks like she enjoyed her first Easter!