Thursday, January 24, 2013

My World

Let's see...

*Research papers are winding up, and kids are panicked.  My major work is just beginning. Oh...and so is my panic.

*Rehearsals have begun.  Always crazy at the beginning.  One director + 25 kids who don't know what they are doing yet = chaos and a director with no voice at the end of the evening.

*Little Buggy came down with Round 2 of the stomach bug and fever.  Poor kid.  (Poor Mom and Dad, too.)

*My room at school is a wreck.  So much filing needs to be done.  *sigh!

*I need snow or rain.  My allergies translate into headaches every morning.  (Maybe I just need to find a humidifier.)

*Baxter is sporting a new haircut--and is bee-you-tiful!

*I broke down and bought "How to Retire the Cheapskate Way."  Great book.

*My teaching class is now planning and teaching lessons.  The five minute lessons were pretty good.  I learned Newton's law of inertia and gravity with a place mat ripped out from under dishes, the phases of the moon by removing the filling from oreo cookies to match the waxing and waning, ratios with snack mix, and how the human face is symmetric from the art perspective.  We are off to a great start for the next generation of teachers!


It has been a long week, but a good one.  Oh yeah, it is only Thursday!  Another cup of coffee, please...

 

No comments: