Monday, January 1, 2018

2018

2018 began with minus three degree temperatures. Brrrr.

The City kids loaded up and left early. We took down Christmas decorations and rearranged furniture. I read (Gigi by Colette), took a nap, and talked the Mr. into going to a movie. 

Ended the day with Little Big Brother’s  Black-eyed Pea Soup and gazing at the Super Moon.

Here are pictures from our family Christmas, actually New Years Eve.

Party hats,
British crackers,
cookie decorating,
                        and a few games.                         
A few more pictures from New Year’s eve and a couple from New Year’s Day.
New Year’s Eve:
Brownie house decorating,
a game of Sorry,
and youngest and oldest napping.

New Year’s Day:
Blackeyed peas soup
Super Moon

It has been a quiet day on Easy Street after the hubbub of the weekend. Baxter is napping at my feet, as I write. He is glad to be an “only child” again.

One more day to play a bit, then back to school to start 2nd semester. Actually, I better do a little school work or I will not be ready for students on Thursday.

Happy New Year! Happy 2018.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, you've got me wanting to make some black eyed pea soup.

Great family photos ~ Have a wonderful 2018 ~ FlowerLady