Thursday, February 14, 2019

Hearts and Flowers

Gratitude 365 Day #45

I’m not a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. Well, not the adult version. I’ve watched too many broken hearted kids at the high school who feel left out.

I loved the kid Valentine’s Day when we made shoebox or paperback mailboxes, covered in construction paper hearts and lots of glue. We had perforated books of Valentines, where no two were alike. Careful selection was important, so I didn’t send a mushy one to the wrong person. There were conversation hearts that tasted a bit like toothpaste (still love them!) and red heart shaped suckers.

Hearts and flowers are good. Thoughtful cards and chocolate always make a day better.

I’m thankful for a husband who remembers, especially when I forget.






Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments: