Gratitude 365 Day #218
I have a candy tin in my classroom that is filled with fruit flavored life savers. I buy the huge bags. There's only a couple of rules. Students have to ask before taking one, and they have to say thank you. Some students want a Life Saver every day. Some never ask. The granddaughters are quick to raid my stash when they are at Tiny Town High. And I have to lock the candy up during play week when the cast uses my room or a full tin will be emptied over night.
I've figured out that Life Savers can make bad days not so bad and good days even better. A couple years ago I gave each of the Seniors in Drama class a bag of lifesavers on their last day of class. (They had been some of my best customers.) One of the boys gasped, "We've been eating Life Savers all year? Are you kidding me? I had no idea. I just thought that they were really good candy."
And they are. I am grateful for something simple to bond over.
No comments:
Post a Comment