Lid over at 2nd Cup of Coffee posted the following questions. I'm playing along today.
1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny.
A high school boy was bugging me. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) He got both of us kicked out of the library that the HS and Jr. High shared. I got sent to the Principal's office. The problem was that the principal was my dad. Yeah, that was a little uncomfortable! (And that 1,000 word theme he assigned wasn't much fun either.)
2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
These days it is "When I'm 64."
"Will you still need me, Will you still feed me, When I'm 64?"
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Jeans!! I never feel as comfortable in anything else. So jeans and a sweatshirt or t-shirt.
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
It is easier to be a guest, but when we have the party I love the few minutes before the guests arrive when everything is clean and ready to go. Hosting is just a lot of work cooking and cleaning, but I have to confess I love the organizing.
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
I hope we always have traditional books. I like to write in the margins and underline. You lose that with digital books. I have a hard time reading longer works on computer, and I'm a good reader. (Albeit one with ADD. Yeah, if a blog gets too long--I'm out of there!) I can't imagine how hard digital readers would be for poor readers.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
I can't pick one over the other. I read to learn. I love to listen to speakers or lectures. And with a computer, don't show me--let me at it! I guess I don't have one particular learning style.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
The guy that smelled like Clearasil didn't have a chance. (I totally understood the smell/scent thing in the Twilight series.)
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
Sweet. I inherited a horrible sweet tooth!!
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
Dust...lots of dust. I'm guessing I haven't dusted my lamp in a couple of weeks. And thanks for making me aware of that...argh! Ignorance WAS bliss.
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan these days, but "Top Gun" was a favorite back in the 80's.
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
I generously give it to the Mr. He couldn't care less what he uses on his hair. He always reaches for the cheapest bottle he can find at the store, although that could be because he is a tightwad.
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food?
Soups! I love chili, cheesy vegetable, corn chowder, or taco soup. We're having soup weather right now! By the way, the Country Kitchen Restaurant chain used to have the best Calico Bean Soup. Does anyone know the recipe? Never mind. I LOVE the internet--and restaurants that share their recipes! This is a 5 star soup for me.
And that, my blog friends, is quite a bit of information you probably didn't want or need to know.