Today is my 54th Birthday. Yep. Where does the time go?
To quote the song, "Age ain't nothing but a number." There is some truth to that.
Yet, every year I find myself thinking that the time goes too fast. I didn't accomplish everything I wanted. Then I pause and remember that I did a lot. I had a lot of fun. There is no time for regrets, without wasting the time I've been given.
Here's the list of things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year.
A Baker's Dozen of Things to Do Before I Am 55:
1. Take several trips
2. Ride a couple of bike trails
3. Run in a 5K race (3.1 miles)
4. Rewrite our curriculum to incorporate the Core Standards
5. Take a class or two
6. Create a blog book of tornado memories and stories
7. Learn to be a grandmother (tough job, I know!)
8. Visit a new winery or two
9. Continue working on and revising the Teaching Class Curriculum
10. Enjoy the new technology available
11. Spend more time outside
12. Do some needed house repairs and painting
13. Catch up with family and friends
You might be noticing that some things make my list every year. There are some things I just like a lot.
How am I celebrating? I'm taking cake to my classes today. Yeah. Feeding them sugar. What the heck am I thinking? And tonight, I'm headed to choir practice.
I know what you're thinking: The fun never ends on Easy Street!