Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cabin Fever

For two days, this has been my window on the world.

 
Cold wind chill has kept me house bound.  It took me a few years to figure it out, but I need to be outside daily.  Yesterday, I went out long enough to scoop some snow and take a few pictures. Besides frigid temperatures, I found snow edging its way off our roof and a beautiful blue sky.

The neighbor's heat was giving off some steam, and I had to admire these leaves still holding on in the wind and cold.

There were tracks in the snow. A wild turkey?  I'm not sure, but this creature had ventured out.

And today, that's what I am planning to do, too. 

Easy Street has been cleared, so surely I can skate out of here and find something to do.  And speaking of skating (outdoor sports!), I'm thinking Easy Street looks like it might be great for sledding!  It has been quite awhile since there have been kids to sled down that hill.  Hmm... maybe I'll dig out the sled and give it a go.  

No comments: