Coming off vacation, school got off to a rough start. I think this teacher underestimated how much my students had missed each other over break and how much talking they had to get out of their systems. By Wednesday, school life was returning to normal. (And then we take a 4 day weekend. I'm guessing there is a repeat in my future!)
Here are some of the top moments of my week.
1. The cold weather accessories are always fun!
I loved these colorful gloves and the Kitty Kat stocking cap.
Furry hoods and hats were worn by both girls and guys.
Yeah, my students are pretty good sports to let me focus my camera their way.
2. And here is my student with the cheery mohawk:
He is so creative, and I have no idea how he gets it to stand up like that! Besides having hair that always delights, he is just one sweet soul. He always has a smile and a kind word.
3. When the snow started Wednesday afternoon, we had an announcement that we would be out of school on Thursday and Friday due to the cold. The kids were more relieved than excited. They knew it was going to be miserable, if not downright dangerous, walking our "hallways."
This was the view from the front door when I got home: still snowing and the wind was picking up.
4. Soups! This week we have made chili, turkey rice vegetable, and Calico Bean soup. I could eat soup for every meal; the Mr., not so much. However, we knew he was going to be working the RV show and wouldn't be home for many meals, so meal preparation is now easy for me: heat up a bowl of soup. I've got a feeling that next week will be all about the meat and potatoes!
5. The new blog project for 2010 kicked off. Alicia of NYC and I are posting joint pictures of our distinct locales every Monday. Our first post theme was New Year's Eve. You'll have to wait until Monday to see what our next theme is. I've had my camera fairly busy the last few days trying to get the perfect shot for Monday's post. (I have to show off my Midwest!)
We're ending the week with bitter cold and snow drifts on Easy Street, but home is pretty comfy and warm. There really is no place like home, but I better be able to get out and around before the cabin fever sets in!