Wednesday, April 21, 2010
This Week's Randoms
1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
I'm part of the library police. I'm the president of our local library board. Fortunately, the librarian forgives most of my fines. Bless her heart!
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I have an old dresser that contains all of the above. Gift bags in one drawer, ribbon and bows in another, tissue paper and wrapping paper in another. I recycle gift bags as much as possible and try not to use wrapping paper.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Tiny Town's tornado two years ago. You can read the story in the sidebar.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
I try to avoid Barry. He might be a great guy, but I'm just not a fan of his music.
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
I don't really do costumes, but I've dawned a few crazy things for Spirit Weeks-- cheer outfits, camouflage, etc.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Thesaurus-- I always need a better word.
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
Turkey bacon-- yum!! Followed closely by toast. (Weird, I know.)
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Nope. I hate infomercials and avoid them on principle!
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes. We locked ourselves out of the house and the Mr. managed to open a window and hoist me up to climb through. Thankfully, that was years ago. I hate to think of doing that these days!
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. Looks can be so deceiving. I think I believe in love after first conversation.
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?
Five or six. They are my favorite piece of clothing. I'd rather shop for jeans than almost anything else.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
A stack of books with a coffee mug and pair of reading glasses on one side, and a champagne bottle and flute beside a kicked off pair of shoes on the other. I think I'll order that right up!
Tonight is our National Honor Society Scholarship banquet. Our school foundation gives away a lot of money to seniors who are willing to fill out all the paperwork for the selection committees. The faculty also gives out awards to an outstanding senior in every department. It is a nice evening for seniors.
The NHS banquet is a sure sign the year is about over. Bring on summer!