Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reception Part II

After the cake cutting, the bride and groom shared their first dance.

They danced to an old Kenny Chesney song, "Me and You."  And it may very well have been their 1st Dance.  K loves to dance.  CT?  Not so much.  I think he told K she could have three dances and to choose carefully! 

Next up was the Dad Daughter Dance to Darius Rucker's "It Won't Be Like This For Long." And true to L's words, K cried most of the way through the song.

 Thankfully, the Mr. is pretty good at charming her out of tears, and then midway through the song they had arranged for all the Dad's and Daughters to join them on the floor. 
And no one cries when L joins them.  Of course, she is taking pictures with her cell phone, taking calls, texting, or who knows what!   Mainly, she is doing what L does best--entertaining!
Loved the Dads and Daughters joining them.

Next up was the Mom Son dance to "A Mother's Song." 
And then little brother joined them when other Moms and Sons were invited to join in.
And my favorite Mom Son dancers:

I love the little guy peeking at the photographer, and his mama just happens to be one of my favorite colleagues!

K wanted the parents to share a dance, too.  She had chosen the song "All Because Two People Fell In Love," but living up to their new moniker of 'the worst DJs ever' they forgot to tell her they didn't have the song.  (She could have burned it for them.)  There was a quick change to "Then" by Brad Paisley.

We couldn't understand a word the DJs said, but the dancing commenced:

And you know if the DJ played the Cotton Eyed Joe, that we were going to get YMCA at some point in the evening.  Yep!

One dance move seemed to be a hit with my kin.  I'm thinking these little ones might have had some training!  (Uncle Z did you have a busy summer?)

It was fun to watch the little ones dancing.


A lot of adults got to share in the fun with the tiny tots.


There are many dance photos to come.  I'm hoping that someone caught my siblings on their backs on the dance floor, acting out the scene from "Animal House."  They've still got it.  The crazy gene runs deep!

But for now I'll leave you with a few of my favorite shots.
I love this picture of K with her Grandpa on the right and CT's Grandpa on the left. 
I call this photo "The Girls of 99."  These are the friends who have been together through thick and thin.  M is on the left, and she and K have been friends since pre-school days.  J and B on the right are the Chicago girls.  J and B became good friends with K and M in high school, and they lived in an apartment together in college.  After college J and B both married great guys and ended up in Chicago.  K was the last of the Fab Four to marry, and M has been the first to begin the next generation with her little Sloane.  These girls do an amazing job of maintaining their friendship.  Their lives are quite different, but they are there for each other through the good and the bad. They know how to have a good time, and they bring out the best in each other.  The men in their lives just stand back and let 'em go.  They wouldn't dare come between them!
I'll end with this final photo.  This was a great evening with a lot of special moments these two will remember forever.  There will be a lot more of those special moments for K and CT to share in the years to come.  "Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work."  Here's to a long, happy marriage...and to a family that works!  Love to you both!

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen the end of the wedding photos.  All of the pictures shared so far were taken by my kid sister. Bless her heart!   M's big sister took another batch which she is sending my way. And if K and CT ever get the full album of the professional photographer's pictures from the wedding that Thursday night, I'm sure I'll share a few more. 

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful. I just loved this happy posting and the end photo and what you wrote brought tears to my eyes.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Kim said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! Congrats to all!

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

You can just see the love shine out of every photo. I know I keep telling you, but it's true: you have such a beautiful, blessed family. Thank you for making me smile and giving me hope this week!

Mary said...

It looks like a fairy-tale reception! What a great time!

Gayle at Planet M Files said...

Mrs. e, what a great reception!