Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Darn Near Perfect

Sunshine and snow.  Almost no lift lines.  The trails weren't crowded.  I'm not sure I could have picked a more perfect day to return to the slopes. 

The first run was a bit timid (or rather, I was!); I had to remember what I was doing.  (Even remembering how to get on and off the lift was a bit daunting!)  Thankfully, it is kind of like riding a bike.  You just don't forget.  My second and third runs, besides being beautiful, were definitely solo.  There wasn't a soul on the trail.  I don't remember that ever happening before. It was just me, soft powder, sunshine, and fresh air. 

After the first run, the Mr. snapped these pictures.  He doesn't ski.  This year, he waited patiently at the bottom for me.  I think he was pretty relieved when I arrived.

The smile says it all!

I took this picture on my last run of the day. The name of the trail:  "Carefree." 
Yeah, it was good to be back!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I figured it would be busier with spring break! I'm happy for you! Enjoy!!

margie said...

tears in my eyes. i hiked up a volcano in the rain forest three weeks ago, dragging my poor disconnected leg along. andy did lots of heave ho-ing behind me but i did it. strokes be damned!! lol. good for you.

Puna said...

This is so awesome! Way to go mrs. e!

Beth said...

You're the only person I know who goes snow skiing on their spring break. We in Ohio head warm places.)
Thrilled for you. I remember when my daughter water skiied for the first time after healing from her broken neck and broken bones in her lake. We all cried tears of joy (before they cut her out, the engine was over her legs and I couldn't see them from the knee down). Good for you for going for it. :)