Just random bits--
1. My fingernails...acrylic so I can't bite them. (I'd gnaw them down to the quick if I could.)
2. Exercise? Three days a week: swim 1/2 mile. Two or three days a week: jog 1 mile. Five days a week: walk for 50 minutes. Yeah, and I still have to watch calorie intake. *sigh*
3. Least favorite show on TV? The View. They talk over each other, interrupt, and could be a model for poor communication skills and bad manners.
4. Favorite book of the summer? The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Some readers said it took them a hundred pages to get into it. Not me. I loved it. The journalist in trouble with the law sucked me in from the first. It was almost a nail biter. See #1.
5. Best song of late? I love Zac Brown Band's "Knee Deep." ("Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?") Best song I've heard in the past few years is going on the bottom of this post!
6. Looking forward to? A weekend escape with the Mr. in August and the arrival of the Lady Bug in later August.
7. Working? Only two days a week for two more weeks at the RV pool, and then... Back to School!
8. Dealing with? Callouses on the palms of my hand and on the bottoms of my feet. I know the dog walking is responsible for my hands, but as for my feet...I have no idea! I walk on them all the time, so it can't be that. Who knows??
9. Needing...? I could use the AC working in my room at school, so I could work at school.
10. Wishing...our federal government would get it together. They are playing with our lives, and I resent it. And I'm tired of them saying that they are only doing what their voter's want--when every poll says otherwise. If we had a one-term-and-out rule, a politician would never have to worry about re-election--and that might be better for everyone.
On a happier note... this is just the best song. K shared it with me. It is a lullaby called "The Blessing" by Celtic Woman. I think all Moms will love this song. (I love songs that say exactly what I would, if I were a lyricist.)
In the morning when you rise
I bless the sun, I bless the skies
I bless your lips, I bless your eyes
My blessing goes with you
In the nighttime when you sleep
Oh I bless you while a watch I keep
As you lie in slumber deep
My blessing goes with you
This is my prayer for you
There for you, ever true
Each, every day for you
In everything you do
And when you come to me
And hold me close to you
I bless you
And you bless me, too
When your weary heart is tired
If the world would leave you uninspired
When nothing more of love's desired
My blessing goes with you
When the storms of life are strong
When you're wounded, when you don't belong
When you no longer hear my song
My blessing goes with you
This is my prayer for you
There for you, ever true
Each, every day for you
In everything you do
And when you come to me
And hold me close to you
I bless you
And you bless me, too
I bless you
And you bless me, too
3 comments:
Hey, I have a copy of the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest (I think it's book 3). If you want, I'd be more than happy to mail it your way (just send me your address - I'm sure I have your address SOMEWHERE, but I don't know where!) My friends and I read through those books together! I haven't seen any of the movies yet though.
That song is absolutely beautiful! BJB
Beautiful, beautiful song! (I'm with you on the fingernails and watching calories - ugh!)
Post a Comment