My thoughts are scattered today.
*K was struggling a bit with being a new mom yesterday. And then...she got a text that her friend J's water had broken and her baby was arriving six weeks early. Suddenly, K realized that she doesn't really have too many worries. It hasn't all been smooth sailing, but things are looking good.
*On that note, J's baby son (little J) was born early today and weighed 4 pounds 9 ounces. He's tiny, but doing OK. I wish they didn't live so far away. J's new family has been on my mind and in my prayers for 24 hours. So glad that Little J arrived safely. (J and her husband are both former students.)
*Little Big Brother and his wife came for a visit last evening. It was good to see them.
I bet you can guess the reason for LBB's visit. Little Bug was awake and checking him out. He thought she was pretty sweet.
*I've been following Hurricane Irene: family, friends, and former students on the East Coast all seem to be doing fine. As is frequently the case, there has been too much hype from the press with not much to report.
*L and I are doing the same thing today: hunting comfortable dress shoes. She's shopping in Big City. The part-time job standing at a cosmetic counter is sending her scrambling for comfortable shoes. Me? I'm shopping in U town. My fifty-four year old feet are revolting. I wonder if either of us will have any luck.
*Finally, this is my last free week before the school musical begins. Auditions are the Wednesday after Labor Day. I could really use some beginner's luck for this directing debut. (I'm thinking of stocking up on wine!)
And now that I have emptied my mind of a few things, it is time to concentrate on the feet. Wish me luck with this shopping trip.
6 comments:
Little Bug is such a sweetie.
So glad that J's little one is doing well, even though he was so early.
Comfortable shoes are a must whenever you are going to be on your feet all day.
Have a great week ~ FlowerLady
Let me know if you find a comfortable (and stylish) brand of shoe. I struggle with shoe shopping. BJB
I'm a comfortable show fanatic. Here's my recommendations: anything by Merrell or Dansko. I have Dansko mules and heels and wear them everyday without any foot pain. I've had my Dansko mules for four years and expect to get one more year out of them. I have Merrell walking shoes and summer shoes for work. Also: I order shoes through Zappos for the best price, FedEx delivery, and best service.
Love the photo of Great Uncle LBB and LadyBug.
Easy Spirit--there are stores in some malls and you can get them online. Great for school and they are stylish.
Lady bug is a beauty--doesn't look as young as she is --quite alert!
She is a beauty!! Keeping Little J and his mama in my prayers - please let us know how they're doing!
Post a Comment