Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oh, the questions...

1.  What am I really wanting right now?  Call me crazy, but I think I really want an Ipad. That, or sleep.

2.  If I had a free long weekend, what would I really like to do?  Go visit L or ride my bike on a bike trail near here. That, or sleep!  (I'm sensing a theme here!)

3. What would I really end up doing on that long weekend?  Working on the play or grading.

4. What am I appreciating?  A husband who cooks, cleans, and is "the wife" while I'm gone so much.  Oh, and a new construction teacher who volunteers to make pieces for the set out of his scraps.  The Mr. and Mr. Woodworking would be the guys in the white hats. Bless their hearts!

5. What am I not appreciating?  How if I wake up in the middle of the night, my mind automatically shoots to the play--and what needs to be done.  Not very restful.

6.  Best time of day?  I am a morning person.  I am at my best at about 7:30 AM.  It's all downhill from there.

7. Worst time of day?  About 3:30 in the afternoon.  I'm not good for much after school. Give me an hour or so of relaxation, and I can go again...for an hour or two.

8. How is the show going?  Actually, really well.  It isn't ready to go on stage just yet--and I think it should be.  Yeah, November 18th is quite a ways off, and I should be a bit more patient.  (I'd have built Rome in a day!)  To be honest, the kids are quick studies and have some creative touches of their own.  Best comment as of late:  "I know it's wrong, but Mrs. E-- I just want to call you Coach." 

9. If there was a magic pill for something, what would you most want it for?  It's a toss up:  the eat-what-I-want-and-lose-weight pill or the remove-the-dark-circles-under-my-eyes pill.  Either would come in quite handy right now!

10. What time of day do you blog?  Well, usually at night and schedule it to post the next day.  (That requires some thinking about wording.)  Lately though, whenever I can cram in a minute or two.

You've got questions?  I just might have answers. If not, I'll take a lesson from my students and just fake it.



2 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I was about to commiserate with you about being so busy. And then it ocurred to me how blessed we both are to have such rich and full lives. Still. I wish you sleep. Lots of it.

Beth said...

I miss teaching drama class and directing the plays. Since they cut us down to two English teachers, there is no room in the schedule for the class and my chronic illness says no to taking it on after school. Also, sports and band reign supreme at our school, so the one year I did try after school, the attendance was sporadic. One year for our big One Acts Competition, track ened up having a big meet rescheduled on our night. The PARENTS insisted one of my star actresses not miss her event. She almost missed her class play. And I know I would have heard about it if I'd docked her grade. I'm glad you're able to do it. Enjoy--wish I could work with you! :>)