Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Snow Day

No school today.  It should have been the last day of finals, but ice and snow stopped that.  Now, we will have the last day of finals on the first day back in the new year.  This isn't an ideal plan for anyone, but our winter vacation has officially begun. 

I spent the morning with K and the Lady Bug.  I wrapped presents in the afternoon while listening to Christmas music and watching it snow. 

The year 2011 ended much like it began:  snow days that weren't really appreciated the way they usually are.  In January, it postponed our first day of classes in a brand new building.  In December, it forces finals until the first day of school in 2012. 

Somehow, I'm pretty sure my students figured out a way to enjoy the early start to their vacation.  And now that I'm over the shock of not being able to finish up the semester, let the merrymaking commence!


Let It Snow!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Now I am jealous of your snow! You can keep the ice though. Ours all melted away. I can't think of the last time we had a "brown Christmas" here in Iowa. Merry Christmas!!

Lisa said...

It is fun to have the girls there to help with the decorating as they would all be plain if it were just me. Sounds like you got some good Grandma time in too. We have school today and tomorrow - always learning! Have a great Christmas.

Puna said...

Yeah! Party on! Have a very merry Christmas Mrs E.!