Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Already

We brought in the New Year with a gathering of friends.  A former student and her husband have a beautiful home on the edges of Tiny Town, and they host a card party for their friends of varying ages.  (In fact, I think the gathering included couples from 20-60.)  It is a lot of fun to see some people that we don't get to visit with very often.  It was such an eclectic group, that it was quite fun and such a nice evening. 

As I was dragging around this morning, the Mr.'s little brother called and said he and his wife were headed to U town.  They wanted to know if we wanted to join them for lunch.  I yanked the hair into a pony tail, and we met up with them.  It was a nice way to spend part of New Year's Day.

I spent the afternoon pulling down and storing the Christmas decorations.  The house isn't totally back to normal yet, but it is getting closer.

Tomorrow is the last day of break.  I can't believe it has gone so fast.

I don't know that I have resolutions in the New Year, but I am promising myself to slow down and take life at a more leisurely pace.  The years seem like they are going so fast-- and going at break-neck pace only adds to that.

"One must learn a different... sense of time--one that depends more on small amounts rather than big ones." 

And that is my plan for 2012.  Snail's pace.  (Soooo not my nature!  This is going to require work!)

No comments: