Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The New

The new of this year is running shoes:  Nike Lunar Eclipses.

I don't think I've written about my shoe problems of the late summer--early fall.  I purchased new running shoes over the summer.  I don't know why I was so slow to catch on; bruised toenails surely should have been a sign.  The balls of my feet became so sore that I couldn't even walk long distances.  I blamed it on flip flops over the summer and then heels when school started.  Nope.

After a somewhat forced hiatus from running or even walking, I tried to wear the the running shoes on a shopping trip.  AND the old pain returned.  Bingo. Time for new running shoes.

I visited the running store where they analyze your stride.  I was quite thrilled when the salesperson called another salesperson in to look at my stride.  Her exact words?  "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"  Great.  Wonderful.  Apparently, one foot rolls in and the other rolls out.  (Balancing to compensate what the brain screwed up with the stroke?  Or just a screwed up stride?)  They said stability was needed, when I thought all I really needed was a lot of cushioning!  
This ended up being the shoe of choice for both stability and cushioning.
 
So the Nikes are new, but beginning the Couch Potato to 5K isn't.  I think this will be the 3rd time around.

This morning:  Day 2 of Week 1.

And new shoes!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I need new running shoes too. Way too many miles on my current ones! Don't you just love the stores that help you pick shoes? The shoes are always awesome, but the prices leave a little to be desired...