Saturday, February 25, 2012

Old Habits And All That

I have clicked on Facebook at least once a day since Wednesday. As soon as it pops up, I realize what I have done and close back out of it. I don't read anything.  OK, so I saw that I had 54 notifications.  I just have no idea what any of them are.  Let's hope no sophomores are writing anything inappropriate on my wall!  So....

I finally completely logged out of the Facebook on my computer.  It is too easy and too much of a habit to click on the icon on my toolbar.  I will log in once a week to update the diet/health group, but that is it. (Hope I remember my password!)

The problem with the Facebook icon on my phone is that it has always been sitting right by the MyFitnessPal icon.  I have always confused the two and opened the wrong one. Why have I not separated them before?  I.have.no.idea.  I suppose it didn't matter that much.  I would just close out and click on the correct one.  Now, it matters.  Finally, I am doing what I should have done three months ago.  In fact, Facebook now sits on a page all by itself.  I won't run across it now, unless I am looking for it. 

On a good note, the running has finally become a habit again.  I am on Week 7 of the Couch Potato to 5K.  It hasn't been too bad.  The St. Patty's Day race is coming up, and I should be ready to go again.  K and L plan to run, too.  I don't know if the Lady Bug will be with us in her jogging stroller or hanging out with Daddy and Papa at the finish line.  The weather will probably determine that. 

Enjoy your weekend.  I am packaging meat today.  The last time we butchered at home, I packaged meat with Mom and Grandma.  (How I miss those two!)  That means it was at least 23 years ago.  Let's hope I remember how to do it. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Butchering at HOME! Oh thank heavens that I only had to endure the "cleaning chickens" event! Guess that is why we only spent a week or two of our summers at the farm! Gag ~ I can still smell wet feathers ~ GAG!!
xoxox JKO

Mary said...

You know you can suspend your FB account, don't you? Or at least, you used to be able to do it.
Good for you for running again! I don't know if these knees could take it!

joyce said...

i have never gotten into Facebook, in fact, I gave up blogging for the same reason. I'm back to blogging, but don't think I'll ever get into the Facebook thing. Mind you, i don't think i'll get into the Couch Potato to 5K thing either....even though it would be a good thing!

joyce said...

I've never gotten into the Facebook thing. In fact, that's why I gave up blogging (for a while!). Mind you, i don't think I'll ever get into the Couch Potato to 5K either....maybe you can inspire me?!