Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Evening Walks, Dirty Floors, and Orange Popsicles

Here is the week's randomness:

*I am not a cat lover.  I never have been.  My little sister used to drag them around on the farm when we were little.  Me?  Not so much.  Tiny Town seems to have an explosion of stray cats.  I'm not thrilled. Now if there were stray cute puppies, I'd be OK with that. If you're a Tiny Town person feeding stray cats, please stop!!

*The heat and lack of rain are making things kind of miserable.  It is work to keep the flowers alive. Well, lack of rain and hungry deer--pick your poison!

*Baxter and I have been taking our evening walk.   We had a bit of a break, but we're back at it.  Unfortunately, Bax is out of shape.  He flops down on nice lawns and refuses to budge.  Does it look bad if I drag a prone dog by his neck and on the end of his leash? The Humane Society may be calling. 

*Timing the evening walk in Tiny Town is crucial if you really want to walk.  Go too early and too many dogs are loose, to say nothing of all the people who stop to talk.  A short walk can take forever, and it isn't great exercise.  This is a case of better late than early.  Almost dark is perfect.

*This time of year, I kind of want to visit Alaska or Canada.  We don't dare vacation there.  I'd never get the Mr. home again. He loves cool weather.

*You never really know how dirty your floors are until you have a crawling baby.  Ugh! And the things those little fingers find!

*I never eat the orange Popsicles.  I always hope someone else will.

*I am back to showering daily.  Whew!  I think everyone in my house is relieved! 

*My roots need a touch up, and I'd really like a pedicure.  I'm not sure when that is happening. This week has gotten out of hand on me.  Everything I had planned is on the back burner, and next week I am at a conference.  My days are getting away from me.

How is your summer going?  Do you eat the orange Popsicles?

Happy Wednesday!




1 comment:

Melonie said...

I always eat the red first :)