Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday, April 4

Last night, the mother of one of the cast members of The Outsiders had an extra ticket for West Side Story.  I jumped at the chance to go.  It was a wonderful show, and it was so obvious that S.E. Hinton had seen (and maybe loved) the show when she wrote The Outsiders.  I'm so glad that mom thought of me when she had an extra ticket. Worth a night of little sleep. 

This morning the Tiny Town High students are walking down to our District Gym for a salute to our military and our military families. This is an annual celebration, and it is kind of nice that it coincided with my students memorizing the poem "In Flanders Fields." I'd like to say it was planned that way, but it wasn't.  Dumb luck frequently is on my side. 

Today, K and CT close on their house. They are so excited. They are buying the paint, so their painter can begin painting tomorrow. The Bug's room is going to be pink. ("I liiiike pink.") And not too surprising, it is going to have a little bit of a Wizard of Oz theme. Can't wait to see the finished project. 

Tonight, the Mr. and I headed to a rosary for his sister-in-law's dad.  Her dad was diagnosed with cancer just a little over two weeks ago, and died on Monday this week.  It was such a short time after diagnosis.  I guess if you are going to have cancer that can't be treated and has no chance of a remission, than this is almost a best case scenario.  Bless his heart.  Poor sister-in-law and her family have to be a little bit shocked by how quickly things moved.  The Mr. can't go to the funeral tomorrow because of work, but I will return for the funeral, too.

Good moments. Sad moments. But all are celebrations:  Celebrations of our military, of new homes, of a life. 

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have West Side Story waiting on the DVR. I know it won't be the same, but it will still be fun to hear all the music. (I'm only a little jealous!) Have a wonderful weekend, Mrs. E!