Monday, June 20, 2016

Look Out, Starbucks!

You know I like coffee, but sometimes, it is just a little too hot outside to enjoy a steaming cup. Iced Coffee is the answer to that.

Dad drank cold coffee quite a bit in the summer. His recipe was really strong coffee and lots of ice.

Starbucks makes some delicious cold coffee drinks; however, the cost and calorie total never thrill me.

This summer, I have hit on a great solution.

International Coffee makes a creamer called Hershey's Chocolate Caramel. I add that to Dad's recipe of really black coffee and lots of ice. Voila! A drink that rivals many of the cold drinks I have had from Starbucks.

I am guessing it costs me less than a dollar a cup/glass to make. At 35 calories per tablespoon of creamer, one glass is probably about 70 calories. I can handle that...and Yum!

So there is your yearly recipe. My "cooking" skills just keep growing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! Where did you find it? BJB