Saturday, January 14, 2017

Colds, Stitches, and Google Classroom

Random bits:

*The spring production is a comedy/drama called Apocalypse. It is a combination of Disney family and Zombie Vampires. We are two weeks in and so far, so good. It promises to be a good time.

*I have a student teacher this semester in my English classes. He seems like a great guy. I'm expecting a good semester.

*We are in an ice storm area, but so far we are completely dry. So much for weather forecasts.

*Classroom grading is quite different these days. Google Classroom makes it possible to have a paperless classroom. We assign papers and tests online, grade them online and put them into our online grade books. All of this is wonderful technology until the internet is down or the electricity is off. I am always glad to have hard copies of my assignments that I can pull out in a jam.

*The Bug had her first stitches this week. She slipped in the shower and split her chin. And we always thought her little sister would have dibs on the emergency room trips.  (She is such a little daredevil.)

*I am battling a nasty chest cold. Early on it sounded a bit like whooping cough. I sure hope it isn't; otherwise, I have exposed a whole lot of kids to it. Ay yi yi!

*This month I am participating in Diet Bet. I've bet $30 that I can lose 4% of my body weight in 30 days. If I am successful, my $30 is returned. (I think that the winners split the $$ that the people who don't lose the weight don't get back.) It is an interesting program with quite a few plans you can sign up for and an official weigh-in procedure. This is an online/app group. So far, so good. It doesn't hurt that I'd rather cough than eat.

*Snapchat and FaceTime messages from the grandkids are so much fun. Seeing those faces and hearing their voices makes my day.

And now it is time to get back to grading. And I haven't started lesson planning for next week yet...! Time to get my buns in gear.

No comments: