Friday, July 1, 2022

The Summer of Ugly Feet

Yes, that is the official name of this summer at our house. 

I love pedicures. I love purple, blue, and mauve colored toes. I love soaking my feet in a pedicure tub, while a massage chair goes to work on my back. 

But... then this summer, I have a toenail fungus that needs to be treated with a topical solution that can't penetrate polish. Ugh. There will be 48 weeks of daily application. 48 weeks. I'm on week two and already mourning pretty toes. 

The Mr., in his infinite wisdom, says one foot looks worse that the other, so just cross your feet at the ankle and keep the ugly toe back. He's so helpful.

Let's hope this prescription does the trick. I know the topical solution works better if you take the prescription pill, too--but I am electing not to take the pill. (My entire toenail isn't affected, just the tips of my two big toes.) I figure between blood pressure medicine, shingles shots, and Covid and flu vaccines, this body has enough medicine in it for one year.

So now I have ugly feet. I don't care how cute the sandals are, they aren't all that cute with unpolished toes. I keep telling myself that 48 weeks will be worth it if I get rid of this stuff. I've got to change that "IF" to a "WHEN" I get rid of this stuff. 

We shall see. 

No comments: