Sunday, July 10, 2022

Retired Reading #1

 I was going to call this Summer Reading. I sometimes forget that I am retired, and that this can be year-round reading from now on. (Though if it is, the house may fall down around me.) Going forward, I might have to limit myself to a book a week, so I have time for some other activities. That being said, I really needed this "drowning" myself in books. 

Seven weeks into retirement and I am reading book #19. 

Here are the books that stand out or that I have loved:

The Wild Light by Jeff Zentner

Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand

The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles

Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan

The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmes

The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams

Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann

Book Lovers by Emily Henry

Fire Keeper's Daughter by Angeline Boully

That Summer by Jennifer Weiner

Water for Flowers by Valerie Perrin

I am working on The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles which will probably make this list, too. There are a few other books that I have read, but didn't necessarily love. I even tried a re-read of a 2006 book that has been mentioned quite a bit lately. I couldn't make it through it this time, and I'm not sure how I muddled through it to begin with. She might be a popular author, but that book was ridiculously wordy and full of random, somewhat unimportant details that signified nothing. 

My reading will slow down for awhile, as I feel like I am ready to accomplish a few other things. That being said, my Kindle will always be in my purse, and I'll keep a few holds in the eLibrary. 

Happy Reading!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm always looking for good book ideas. I, too, loved The Lincoln Highway and The Firekeeper's Daughter.