Sunday, October 2, 2022

October


October has always been one of my favorite months. The heat of summer is gradually cooling. Mom called this Sweater Weather, and I love the sweaters, sweatshirts, and light jackets of fall. I love the autumn leaves--and even raking them into piles. Pumpkins show up on doorsteps in October, and mums fill flower pots. Pumpkin patches are popular outings for families. While many people dislike pumpkin spice anything, I love pumpkin muffins and pumpkin lattes. Hot cider and crisp apples top my list of things to enjoy this month, too. I am ready for soups again: corn chowder, chili, vegetable, and chicken noodle. Yes, October is full of a lot of my favorite things. (Did I mention Candy Corn is in the stores again? Definite perk.)

Today, I switched my shoes from sandals to boots. I drug out the flannel pajama pants and sweatshirts. The flannel sheets are in the dryer. I won't put them on yet, but I want to be ready. So, if the temperature takes a nose dive one way or the other this next week--you can blame me. 

Photo: Girls weekend in the Ozarks 5 years ago. (Still one of my favorite fall photos.)

No comments: