1. Thank the person giving the award. (Thank you, Debbie. You were one of my first friends in blog land--and my first Aussie friend! )
2. Copy the award to this blog. (See above.)
3. Place a link to their blog - (If you click on the highlighted text above-- you'll find Debbie!)
4. Name 7 things people don't know about you. (Below)
5. Nominate 7 bloggers who you admire (Below)
6. Place a link to these bloggers. (Highlighted names to click on)
7. Leave a comment on their blog notifying them of the award. (I will.)
7 things you don't know about me. This is tough. Most of my readers are my
1. My mom and I graduated from college together. She went back- 25 years after she started. Pretty cool, and not something a lot of people can say.
2. I was once a switchboard operator. This was back when you had the cords you plugged in. It was a part-time job in college. I learned it working for a hotel first, and then put it to use later at the college. Great job.
3. My niece and both daughters worked their way through college as operators for their University, only they called it Telecom by then. See. It's a family thing. (On a side note: my niece is delivering baby boy #3 tomorrow! Exciting!)
4. I just bought a Wii and a Wii Fit Plus. This cold weather has made exercising outside nearly impossible, and at the very least- miserable! This is a way to stay active when I can't get outside. (Oh, and it is an early birthday present. Really early!)
5. I'm a very impatient person. I want things done now. Chop Chop!
6. I've worked in the big 3 of not fun jobs: fast food worker, waitress, and telemarketer. All were part-time jobs. The first two were in college. The telemarketing job was tied into some teacher program wanting teachers to spend part of their summer working in a local business. (And I was absolutely dreadful at the last two jobs.)
7. It is a rare day when I don't talk to both girls on the phone. We usually don't discuss anything major (OK--once in awhile!), and we don't talk long; but they usually touch base daily. It kind of reminds me of Mom and her mother-in-law. They only lived about a mile apart, and they still talked on the phone almost every day. I like that.
Now for 7 bloggers I admire. This is nearly impossible to do--there are so many. I am going to choose 7 new blogs that I haven't shared with you before:
The Hays Crew- She's a teacher, a mom, a cook, and a music lover. She shares a lot of music. I love dropping by to see what tune she has posted.
Coal Creek Farm This is a new one for me. She is a frugal, down to earth, busy mom. And she's funny!
Chronicles of Dollie Day Dream Kitty is a Brit with a flair for almost everything, but especially fashion and food. Oh, and she loves Alice in Wonderland--especially "The Owl and the Pussycat." Her blog is just a treat!
Take a Look Around Steve is a great photographer. He does that for a living, but his blog is his "leisure time" photography. He has a great eye. I visit daily to see his latest photo.
Can't Get There From Here I like this lady. She's a single mom raising two little girls. She's a reader! And she puts me to shame!
Peculiar Momma She's got a way with words, neat photography, and she's another one of the "frugal" blogs I've been attracted to lately.
Poems About Oranges A blog sharing poetry...and recipes. Now what could be better than that? Food for the stomach and the soul!
I'm warning you now: this is about as random a group of blogs as you will ever find. I love that! Hope you do, too.