Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Still On The Treadmill

I have 4 days left until State Assessments.  I'm a bit stressed.  I wonder if the kids are.

Peppermint creamer made the day go somewhat better.  (By the way-- Coffeemate makes it.)  I even added a new sign to my lectern.  "I drink coffee for your safety."  My students don't know it, but there is a bit of truth in there.

We're in the middle of Sub State Basketball around here.  The boys ended with a loss last night, and the girls play here in Tiny Town tonight.

Faded jeans and a ponytail are the uniform for tonight's game.  (If I could get away with a pillow and blanket, I would.)

On the way to the game, I'm hoping to convince the Mr. to help me hook speakers into my mini mac.  I found some old computer speakers here at home.  For some reason, the computer doesn't feed into my classroom speaker.  Until someone figures out that little snafu, I'm hoping these will work.

To top it off, tomorrow is "Biggest Loser" Week 4 weigh in for Tiny Town High staff.  *sigh*  I haven't been running or walking this past week.  I'm not sure that worrying counts as exercise.  *double sigh* The snow and ice are finally gone, so I start again tomorrow morning.

No literal treadmill here; just no time to stop.  Assessments.  Someday I'll write about who is really being assessed.  I have a feeling it isn't the kids...

No comments: