Monday, July 18, 2022

The Rest of the Story

After diving into retirement, I hit a bit of a snag.

Dad has been in the hospital for the past few weeks. They moved him to the swing bed, and we are now looking into Assisted Living. At 93 years of age, it is amazing that he has been able to live at the farm by himself until this time, but he needs the regular meals and regular doses of medicine. 

I've made quite a few trips to the home town to see him--sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. So any other projects and even quite a bit of reading have been put on hold. 

I think we'll all rest easier knowing that he is being looked after, and yet still has a place of his own. I'll still run down a couple of times a week, but I should have time to start on some of the major cleaning that needs to be done. 

My main accomplishment so far was clearing the dining room table, which sounds like no big deal, but this is where I dumped everything when I cleaned out my classroom. Progress. Yea me!

No comments: